Monday, August 2, 2010

What I Miss About Texas: Part 1

Howdy people! Just a quick hello from the Sunshine State. Actually, the sun has been out way more lately (and work is totally getting in my way...). Here is my top 5 list of "What I Miss About Texas."

5. The Lone Star mentality. We Texans are proud of where we are from. I didn't know what the Florida flag looked like til yesterday (oh, and the Tejas flag is waaaayyyyy cooler).



VS.



4. SALSA! Let me re-phrase: good, hot salsa. All we get is what I make, but I think I'm improving with each batch.

3. Dry-ness. It is ALWAYS humid here. Like really, really humid. My hair looks wet when I come inside sometimes. It's a little gross.

2. Texas country music! Some Cory Morrow or Randy Rogerss not on a CD would suit me fine right about now. On that note, Shooter Jennings (Waylon Jennings' son) is going to be in St. Pete in September and I cannot wait. It may be more Southern Rock, but hey it is as good as it gets here.

1. My People! I miss everyone...



Here is a picture of my ladies and me...


Mi familia.

-Dana

1 comment:

  1. I miss you both, too... Can't wait to see you in Sept. (That was actually a song back in my day!) :-)

    ReplyDelete